Sunday, August 26, 2007

Oh no...

Today is our first day teaching... or... well, shadowing. It's 7:00am, and we're dreading the 5 hour wait in between now and the time we have to be at school. Two of the other foreign teachers have painted a pretty horrifying picture of what the whole situation will be like... and we're not too excited to say the least. To sum it up, these kids apparently never do their work and are impossible to control. We will have to yell at them. We will have to discipline them. We will have to be assholes... there's no other way around it, and right now, that sucks.

Then again, we haven't experienced the classroom dynamics or met any of the students and are basing everything on the perceptions of two other teachers.

Hopefully it goes well today... or this might be the longest year of our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you two the best of luck on your first day!! I hope it went well, but you guys are both very strong individuals so I have no doubt that you handled it well of course! I bet it was an experience...let us know how it went. Wicked apartment too~ nice to see what my bedroom looks like for when I come to see you :)
I love you guys, good luck and have fun
-Julia