Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And then there were two

So our last few weeks have been filled with visitors and adventures. Jess from my India trip was able to visit for a few days. She came from Tokyo to visit me in Korea 3 months after I came from Korea to visit her in Tokyo! It's pretty awesome that we each got to experience the others home away from home. After that my mom arrived for 3 weeks. I can't tell you how quickly that time went. The time with my mom was pretty awesome. She is such a free spirit and just loves to have fun. We had some really great experiences celebrating Buddha's birthday with one of the kindest families on the face of the planet, getting our feet pedicured by fish, eating 100 different dishes at the best buffet ever, having samgyupsal with all of our co-workers, visiting one of the most populated cities in the world (Seoul), and of course our favourite hobby: shopping..so much shopping. I will definitely miss coming home and getting the run down of everything my mom bought that day, or hearing about how the taxi driver got lost (every time), or playing scrabble with offensive words taking over the board. Gilad and I really enjoyed having the company and we wish we could have had more visitors here.

Having people to show around has really allowed us to appreciate the random beauty that you can experience in Korea. In the past month or so we have become really familiar with the history of Korea and it has given us a great appreciation for the country. There are still things here that we don't understand, or that can really frustrate us, but at least we can look at those things with a different point of view. Most of all, we have come to understand why Koreans are so proud of their country. With a history like theirs they most definitely should be.

Anyways we have been super busy for the last month or so, but now that Alex has left us, which P.S. We miss you! and Jess, and my mom...well now it is just us. So we will be updating with pictures soon! (by we I mean Gilad hah).

______Dawna________

No comments: