Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Kindy Open

So tomorrow comes the day where I put on my second open Kindergarten class. The students, their parents and my boss will all be in the class at the same time, watching me.. judging me... and I can't wait to get this over with. I've been practicing the same schtick with my students for a few weeks now. I will not pull any new punches in this class and everything I'll be doing is mainly review in one way or another. This past Friday, I practiced the whole routine with my kids and it went perfectly... it was flawless. I was confident I'd have the best open class ever. Then, yesterday, our practice was a disaster. The kids were hyper, unattentive and forgetful of things we've been doing for months now! That definitely scares me as I don't have anymore classes to practice with them and tomorrow is the day. Oh well... 30 minutes and it's all over. At times, I'm confident, and at other times, I'm frightened.

Also, I just got word yesterday that I'm getting a new kindergarten student in August. Although I only have ten working days left in August, it should be interesting to work with her. The head of the kindergarten department told me that this girl was a year younger than my students (who are already the youngest at our school) which means she was born in 2005. There's also a chance that she's the youngest student to ever attend our academy. So how old is she? I was also told that by western age, she is still technically two years old. When I was two years old, I definitely did not have a full command of the English language... I doubt she has a full command of her own native language too. Should definitely be an interesting way to wrap up my classes with the kindys! I'll have to post a picture of her when I meet her... just to show the world how tiny she is.

- Gilad

1 comment:

Chris Whitler said...

Stella was born in 2005!!!!! She still sucks her thumb and sleeps in a crib!!!!!!!