Monday, November 3, 2008

Toronto

Well, I guess we haven't blogged in a while, huh?

So we're back in Toronto now and living in our beautiful apartment right in the middle of downtown Toronto. Man, it's hard finding a job in this part of the country, isn't it? We've been back here since August 19th and its only this Wednesday that I officially start my first day at work although that could all change. Here's the deal... I got a job with UNICEF as a "funds processor" for their trick-or-treat program. The position is only a 6-8 week thing and doesn't pay very well but it's something, right? Will help pay the rent, bills, etc. It's also just a 15-minute subway ride away and about 25 minutes from my door to theirs. Ironically, I also have a chance at a position as an ESL Teacher here in Toronto. The school I'd be teaching at will surely pay better than that UNICEF job and the institute is a 10-minute walk from my apartment. Oh, and it's also a permanent, full-time position. I have to go in tomorrow at 4 and I guess I'll find out then whether or not I got the job. I hope I did.

With regards to Korea... Dawna and I miss it there big time. We're lucky enough to be living in a city like Toronto where we can get any sort of ethnic cuisine and we certainly don't have to travel very far to find any sort of Korean restaurant. The problem is... the Korean food here is not nearly as good as the food in Korea. It's not only the food we miss though. We miss A LOT of our friends, our old hangouts, the makali bar, the mountains, among many other things. We knew we'd miss aspects of Korea but we didn't anticipate missing so much.

Pictures of the apartment will be up soon as well as more frequent updates of our lives here in Toronto. I should also get around to putting up pictures of our trip to Thailand that happened all the way back in July.

- Gilad

1 comment:

Chris Whitler said...

Yeah, you gotta go here...

http://www.yummytoronto.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,591/Itemid,26/

Hand pulled dumplings and noodles...oh, my Lord, I wish I was there to go with you!

Nice to read your blog again...yes, pictures would be great!