Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Transition

Wow, so our time with Global Youth Network has come to an end. Definitely an interesting two years as an employee and four years as a volunteer. I'm happy with all the people I met and all the friendships made. And I'm also happy to move on to whatever the next chapter of my life may be.

With all the uncertainty (WHERE WILL YOU WORK? WHAT WILL YOU DO?) surrounding me right now, I've got to say that the only certainty I know of is that I want to do some more traveling. Spending the summer in Morocco and Israel was great. But it wasn't enough. I'd like to disappear for half a year, maybe longer to parts of South America. Learn to farm. Learn some Spanish. Learn about coffee. Grow a beard.

Yes, I'll eventually need to get a full-time job (YES YOU WILL!) but the time isn't now. I miss the days of living in South Korea for a full year - a place completely different than here... a place where I was forced to turn uncomfortable into comfortable and forced to learn and adapt. I want to go through that again.

Gilad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for you guys in whatever you do! good luck, gilad!

Gilad & Dawna said...

A little late to respond to this but thanks Ali! You're awesome. Hope your time away is treating you well.