Thursday, October 6, 2011

How to get out of a subway station in Seoul

South Korean subway stations are underground. VERY underground. Please have a look:


Getting out of the train. WHICH, by the way, has full service and a handful of wifi networks to connect to. You know, a million feet underground.
From It's Korea Again


About to conquer the first set of stairs.
From It's Korea Again


Not bad. Onto the second set of stairs.
From It's Korea Again


Third set. Let's do this!
From It's Korea Again


My workout last night was easier than this. Fourth set of stairs.
From It's Korea Again


Fifth set of stairs. Labouring.
From It's Korea Again


Sixth and final set of stairs. Unfortunately the camera doesn't capture the confused Koreans wondering what the hell is going on behind us.
From It's Korea Again


Is Gilad going to make it?
From It's Korea Again


See, the art in all of this is the suspense. You never know if I made it.
From It's Korea Again



Anyway, we counted a total of 199(!!!!!) stairs at this particular station. If war were to break out, I know where I'm going.

- Gilad

4 comments:

Sonhadora said...

LOL thank you for a good laugh this morning! That will keep you in shape while in Korea!

Best of luck there!

(PS: hi Dawna! remember me?)

Beth said...

They all look the same! Are you sure it's not just the same set of stairs and you're trying to trick us?

Gilad & Dawna said...

Carina! wow hi!

You holding down the fort at UCC still? Give a big hello to everyone for me :)

Gilad & Dawna said...

Beth: I wish, I wish with all of my heart that that was the case.