Saturday, August 22, 2009

Of Clearly

So Dawna left for Mexico very early this morning. She's working with Gapec. She'll be blogging about that later.

In any case, I'm here alone for three weeks. It'll definitely be a learning experience. I haven't ever really lived by myself for an extended period of time. In the back of my mind, I always thought, "Geesh, watch something crazy happen when she's gone. I bet someone is going to get murdered in this cheery city of mine."

Well lo and behold, I get up this morning to take the dogs out and am met with cop cruisers blocking off our road. Right in front of my apartment. Police tape and all.

IMG00004
By the time I finished walking the dogs, got back up to my apartment, grabbed my camera and took the picture, most of the cop cruisers had left.

After inquiring, turns out they were just repairing a hydro power line that fell onto the road.

Day 1: No murders.

--

In other news, turns out the tornado the other night was more serious than I thought. This is all very new for us... this rarely happens here.

image4

image5

image10

I'm reading that 200 homes are so ruined, they'll likely get demolished while others won't be able to return to their homes for over six months. Wild.

- Gilad

No comments: