Saturday, August 22, 2009

Of Small Worlds

The man is blogging like a machine.

So we adopted two puppies from a shelter in Daejeon when we were in Korea.
You know this.


Now we are living in Toronto with our puppies.
You know this.


But wait! Prepare to have your mind blown away.

I was walking the pups home from the park which is right around the corner. I'm at the intersection waiting for the walk signal. A woman (with her pup) ask me what kind of dogs they are. I recite the shpeel for the millionth time, "I'm not sure. We adopted them from a shelter in Korea."
This is where I'm normally greeted with "Oh, wow, that's so interesting! That's so great of you!" or "Oh wow! You're an amazing person!" or "Oh wow wow wow... you are a saint!" or "Oh my God! You should run for Prime Minister!" .. but not this time. This time, this particular woman responds with "Oh wow..... from Daejeon?".. to which I say, "Heck yea! How did you know?" .. to which she replies, "I adopted mine from there too!"

Crazy.

Here I am in Toronto, on the other side of the world from Korea, standing at an intersection with a woman who adopted her dog from the same tiny random shelter that we adopted our pups from.

Ladies and gentlemen, Milly:
IMG00006


- Gilad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow... Is that dung gae??