Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Dawna, Rasheeda and I recently celebrated our six months in Korea. We're halfway there! So we went to nearby Busan and partied it up. Alex hit her three month mark which also marks her halfway point. Party time.

Photobucket
So we started off the night at a cool makkoli bar. Makkoli is fermented rice wine... definitely an acquired taste, but one that we've definitely acquired. This bar used to be an underground tunnel that was dug up 50 years ago during the South/North Korean war. The tunnel (or cave) was converted into a bar.

Photobucket
Inside the bar at a table.

Photobucket
Enjoying some pajeon inside the makkoli bar.

Photobucket
Good times.

Photobucket
The ladies of the halfway-done-our-contracts crew.

Photobucket
And the handsome chap from that same crew.

Photobucket
And so we left the makkoli bar and hit up the foreigner district of Busan. Went to a club called Thursdays (I think)... nothing quite notable about that place besides that it was packed with more foreigners than Koreans. Seemed like just a typical University club/bar from back home.

Photobucket
And then we made our way to Vinyl Underground... a club we've grown to love.

Photobucket
Dancing... although I'm not sure what Alex is trying to say...

Photobucket
Rasheeda letting us know that it's our SIX MONTH ANNIVERSARY!

Photobucket
I guess I'm absorbing the music...?

Photobucket
Dawna dancing up on stage.

Photobucket
And I dance on stage as well.

Photobucket
And the only reason this club is booming is because I'm getting everyone excited from up the stage and they all love me of the good music and likable atmosphere.

Photobucket
Dancing it up.

Photobucket
He too is absorbing the music.

Photobucket
Cool.

Photobucket
... or hilarious.

Photobucket
Those fingers might add up to six... or might not... I don't know.

Photobucket
And then I randomly run into a buddy of mine from Laurier... Garrett.

Photobucket
I would've titled this photo, 'Wicked Badass,' had I not been doing that lame pose with my hands. I need to stop that... right away. And in other thoughts... 'the new Bryson?'

Photobucket
Let's take a nice picture.
Attempt #1

Photobucket
Attempt #2

Photobucket
Attempt #3 - Getting Better

Photobucket
Attempt #4 - I guess this'll do.

Photobucket
You see, Sarah likes to dance by jumping up and down... and she recently injured her ankle. This is the best she could do... from her seat.

Photobucket
Dawna and Sarah.

Photobucket
Hite beer... the national beer. Dawna's face sums it all up.

Photobucket
Please look at the guy on the left of Dawna. He looks like this murderer/sodomizer/pedophile/child molester/creeper, 'T-Bag,' from the show, Prison Break.

Photobucket
Yea?

Photobucket
Awesome.


- Gilad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we know a certain someone in those pictures is "comin after cha"


All I can say is watch for the "rusty shank"


Big Ben Gotcho Black...i mean back.


W