Friday, March 21, 2008

Ladies and gentlemen... three year olds.

Don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but I recently lost my old kindergarden students as they all graduated the ECC Kindy program. They were all about seven years old. So what happened? I got new Kindys... and how old are they? Three! They don't know the difference between Korean or English and they speak Korean to me assuming I know what they're saying. It takes forever to teach them anything and I have to constantly remind myself that they're just three and so small.

So here they are.

Photobucket
Pascal. Awesome name. Loud kid. Brilliant though.

Photobucket
Maris. Slow kid. Doesn't know anything. Never listens. Doesn't even know her name is Maris yet. Not lying.

Photobucket
Tony. Cool kid and the cutest in my opinion. Yesterday, I heard a sneeze in the room... looked around... and there was Tony staring up at me, face covered in booger. Had to clean up the mess for him.

Photobucket
Julia. Cute as hell. Brilliant girl. Awesome!

Photobucket
Don't let the picture deceive you. He's not cute. In fact, he's loud, destructive and LOUD.

Photobucket
Hey... let's climb the teacher's back!

Photobucket
That's a good idea... I'll join in.

Photobucket
I smile but I really think, "GET OFF!"

Photobucket
He's only three, but he can strike a pose with the best of them.

Photobucket
The kids being.. kids.

Photobucket
They're cute... when they're quiet. Yea, definitely only when they're quiet. Well, sometimes when they talk... but mostly when they're quiet.


Practicing "Hellllo!" and "Gooooodbye!" It makes up for about 65% of their English vocabulary at the moment.


Ignore the off-tune singing of my ABCs and just notice that beyond the letter 'K,' most of them have no idea what they're saying.


I must say that having these kids has helped me learn quite a bit about myself... and little kids... and how to act with them... and yea... although it's stressful, it's rewarding in its own ways.

- Gilad

No comments: