Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bright Colours

So I'm naming this post 'Bright Colours' because of the crazy fireworks we saw... and the colorful packaging on the loads of candy we just got.

Dawna's parents were (super) nice to send us a care-package (which will take care of our Sour Candy cravings for years to come) in the mail. When we were flying to Korea, Dawna realized on the plane (clearly) that she had forgotten her puffer... so she asked her parents to send it to her. 30 pounds later we received the puffer. We also received 20+ packages of Swiss Chalet gravy, sauce and marinade, about 30 packages of instant soups (delicious kinds), a bag of Sweet Chili Heat Doritos (this, i'm sure, makes Dawna's month), vitamins, spices (cumin and chili powder... the best kind), clothing, cards, newspaper clippings, gifts for our kids at school and 300 sorts of sour candies.

We can't thank Ken and Gloria enough... this is amazing. THANK YOU!

Here are the pictures:


Here we are, at Busan's 3rd annual firework show. My thoughts on it? It was amazing! It lasted for nearly 45 minutes and to say the least... these fireworks were from the future. Dawna, Abbi and I gathered with what seemed like a million Koreans on a beach to watch the fireworks. Three ships were parked in the water right underneath a nicely-lit bridge... and they all shot huge amounts of fireworks. There was even a bird (not a real one) flying around shooting fireworks out of its ass.


Fireworks.


Here you can see the bridge and the ships clearly. I wish I could say I took more pictures but:
a. My camera battery died
b. When I uploaded the one video and 40+ pictures onto my computer, my computer froze midway through and deleted 90% of the pictures I took that day. These pictures clearly don't do the event justice.


Our (super-amazing-incredible) care package.


Awesome! Cards! Working with screaming kids all day makes us look tired.


The pictures says it all.


I'm sure once Dawna opens that bag, she'll get rid of it's contents in under 20 minutes.


The loads of assorted soups.


The 10+ pounds of 30 different kinds of sour candies... dominating our once-empty cupboard.


So this about sums up the greatest Wednesday we've ever had. I'm sure the next few months are going to be filled with delcious Western meals and bad stomach aches.

Oh, and I think I should also mention that when we got home with our box, Dawna thought it'd be appropriate to play music in the background. She also wanted to change into pajamas to be as comfortable as possible. This is like the best holiday ever for her.

- Gilad

No comments: