Friday, October 19, 2007

Old Friends, Dried Squid and Apology Letters

That's definately a post title I never envisioned writing...


So here's Rachel, of Global Youth Network fame, with Dawna. Yea! She came to Korea to do some stuff and was nice enough to travel across the country to come and see us. We were really happy to see her and it was nice having a familiar face from back home around.


Here I am with Rachel's nephew... who works at a University about 20 minutes away from where we live. Small world!


So we went back to Long Life (the bar around the corner that serves those 2-ft tall beers). I guess the owners are starting to recognize us, so they gave us a Korean snack on the house. The treat? Peanuts and dried squid.


Mmm, squid. It's a tad fishy, but not bad at all. And it's legs (or tentacles) are a lot chewier... like jerky or something. It even comes with two dipping sauces.


And finally, here's an image of a letter I made one of three kids write in one of my classes. I don't particularily like the three girls... they're really snobby and always speaking Korean in class... which they aren't supposed to do. One day, they were really pissing me off, so I made them write an essay explaining "Why I speak so much Korean in class." In case you can't read it, here goes:

Teacher, I'm sorry.
It is very bed action. but I speak korean many.
Don't reason of why I speak so much korean
but I will don't speak korean.
teacher, this one time is pardon me.
I'm promise of don't speak korean.
Really Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Your angry? If you really
angry I'm very very sorry.
Sorry teacher ~ u
- Susan -


Kind of cute, I guess. And trust me, you'd hate that class too.

Busan (second largest city) is on tap for the weekend. We'll be checking out a tea festival (which is the new Keg Party's, apparently) and a 'spectacular' fireworks show. Pictures to come.

- Gilad