Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A tad nervous

So in just under three hours, I'm holding my open Kindy class. If you haven't read, it's where the kindergarden's moms (and sometimes dads) sit in on the 35 minute classroom I'm holding. I also recently found out that my boss, Mrs. Lee, sits in on the whole class as well. It's a little nerve-wracking. I need to make sure the class lasts 35 minutes long. I need to make Mrs. Lee's school look good to the parents... you know... have to make sure ECC looks good in the whole process. I also need to ensure that no kid comes out of this looking stupid or not as smart as the next child... definately wouldn't want one of the parents to feel as if their child looks stupid in front of the other parents. So what am I doing? I have a ton of flashcards... I've lamenated some stuff... I have the kids reading poems/songs, etc. The bad thing is... if the kids act hyper or out of line, I can't do anything to stop them. Usually I can yell at them or something to have them stop... but I can't do anything today. I'm really hoping the kids don't get overly-nervous with their parents in the room and shutdown completely... that would make me look bad. So yea, i'm a little nervous about the whole experience and I really hope the whole thing goes by really quickly.

- Gilad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey buddies! First off, I ♥ reading ur updates. lol. I miss you guys!!! :(

Second, well, I don't really have a second. lol. I just miss u both but I'm glad you're having a good time! How'd the whole parents thing go?!