Friday, October 5, 2007

Still here...

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates as of late. It's been busy around here with testing time/report card time/watching Lost time. I counted today... I have 109 report cards to do (I've done 101 of them so far) and I've marked 218 tests (2 tests per student). That's quite a lot..! On top of that, Dawna and I have become quite addicted with the show, Lost. We watched all of Season 1 in about 5 days.

We had a day off on Wednesday -- we went to a Lantern festival in a city called Jinju... it's about an hour and a half away from our city of Masan. It was pretty beautiful and we had a good, but short time there.

We're heading off to Busan (second largest city in South Korea) tomorrow... it's about an hour by bus from here and we're pretty excited. We've heard about the beaches and the city there and once we get back, I'll post up some more pictures and stuff.

Oh, Dawna and I also got two new additions to our household... their kinda like Goldfish... but bigger... and much cuter. Again, I'll post up pictures of them in the near future.

Ah, and next week we have something called "Open Kindy Class." Each student brings in their mom and dad to sit in for the class... and the director of the school sits in as well. This translates to me having 8 students + 16 parents + 1 boss... all watching me at the same time. I have to somehow make sure all 8 kids don't act crazy... I have to make sure I don't make any kids look stupid (i.e. asking them a question they have no idea what the answer is... their parents would be embarassed)... and I have to show my boss that I'm able to somehow do all this without any kinds of problems. For some reason, I'm not worried though... but still not looking foward to it.

We also got a nice package in the mail from Dawna's friend, Kelsey... she mailed us a nice slideshow of Dawna's trip to India, along with Sour Candy. That sour candy did not last very long as we devoured it... but yea, it was awesome. Thanks, Kelsey. If anyone feels like they're in a giving mood, mail us more sour candies!

Thanks to the readers who keep checking in... sorry for the lack of updates. More pictures / stories / videos are coming up. And OH WOW... I checked our Clustrmap which shows our visitors from around the world and I'm quite impressed with the diversity of the readers here...

Oh, and next week, I'll get to try two new things to eat... pictures will follow that as well.

And if you can, reply!! Hah, I want to hear from some of you!

- Gilad

No comments: